Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Interview with Spaceships Around Saturn's bodyguard Tank Rodriguez (from American Girl On Saturn)

Spaceships Around Saturn's head bodyguard Tank Rodriguez joins us today! :)

Hi! What is it like being the bodyguard for a super famous boyband?

It's cool. It's like just hanging out with the guys all the time. The girls are crazy, though. And loud.

You're not much older than the SAS boys themselves, are you? What made you decide to get into the business of being a bodyguard?

Not much. I'm only 24. I worked security in a night club in college, and then I got offered a bodyguard position for a rap star - who shall remain nameless - but that lifestyle was a bit much. A boyband seemed safer. HA! Joke's on me, right?

I know you're probably not allowed to answer this question, but which of the SAS boys is your favorite?

Ah, c'mon now. I can't answer that. They're my boys! But uh, if anyone's curious, Benji and I hit the clubs and tattoo parlors together a lot.

Do you ever rock out to their music?
 
Only during live shows, rehearsals, and when they feel the need to burst into song at random times/places. I tend to listen to more rap/hiphop.

How does being a bodyguard affect your personal life?

I don't have a lot of free time. When the guys are touring or doing promo events, I'm right there, tagging along. But it's cool. Like I said, it's like hanging with the guys all the time, and there are tons of hot girls. It's not a bad life. I wouldn't get to see all these places otherwise.

Were you anywhere near the stage when the shooting happened in NYC?

I was offstage, waiting in the wings. The venue's security were actually on the floor, maintaining the crowd. I was just chilling and watching the show then BOOM!
 
How closely were you watched while the boys were on lockdown?

Man, the government don't play! They guarded all of us (crew) pretty well so we wouldn't talk to the press or leak information, especially since we knew where the guys were. They always made me wear a wire when I saw the guys. We were pretty much on lockdown too. They had us holed up in a fancy hotel. It got pretty boring. I think the guys had more fun than I did!

I'm going to end this with a very random question. It seems like the one question that is in the majority of interviews and things is the one thing I never put in any of my interviews.... What's your favorite color?

Black! It looks good and matches everything!

Thank you so much for joining me today! I hear from sources that we'll be seeing a bit more of you in the world of Saturn! I can't wait! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment